Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Tell me and I forget, show me and I remember, involve me and I understand."

Making connections across subjects is a personal goal of my technology classes. Technology is the missing "link" that holds math, science, history, literacy and society together. By completing this "chain" we develop a circle of information that is never ending. We are always learning from each other as well as our environment; no one is truly done learning. We just keep on adding "links" that make the chain larger and stronger. "Inquiry in education should be about a greater understanding of the world in which they live, learn, communicate, and work"- Joe Exline. Students need to seek out appropriate solutions to questions and problems while making a connection to society, their lives. Our modern society is technologically oriented, fast paced, globally connected, and calls for workers who can think critically and problem solve. We need to teach our students so they can thrive in the modern world.

Mr. Tortoriello

No comments:

Post a Comment